This post is sponsored by Wilson Parking
What I love about Brisbane is that there are family-friendly activities absolutely everywhere. I used to avoid taking my kids to the city – it was too expensive and hard to get around. But with so many fun things to do in there now, I’ve become a convert.
I’ll often take my kids in during the week to have lunch with their dad, who works in the city. He loves taking a break out of his busy day, and the kids think Dad’s office is super exciting.
Plus, there are plenty of fun things to do once we’re in there.
- City Botanic Gardens – The heritage-listed Botanic Gardens are a wonderland for kids and adults alike. There is a massive playground for children of all abilities. Also, there is a beautiful café in the gardens for morning tea or a spot of lunch. Or bring a picnic and enjoy the rolling lawns and watch the bird life, and take a stroll along the river.
- Window shopping – It’s easy to take for granted just how exciting all those shops can be for littlies (okay, I find shops exciting too!). The Queen Street Mall offers plenty of shopping experiences including Queens Plaza, Wintergarden and the Myer Centre. Plenty of opportunities to go window shopping and experience myriad sights, sounds and smells.
- Museum of Brisbane – Check out the exhibits in the museum inside City Hall, and book a clock tower tour, where you can go right up inside the tower and look out over the city.
- Hit the movies – What I love about taking my kids to the movies is that they sit still and stay quiet for an hour and a half! And the Myer Centre has a great cinema with plenty of movies showing. There is also the Funhouse Family Entertainment Centre if you’re in the mood for some games.
- Ferry rides – Hop on a ferry or City Cat heading up or down the river and just enjoy being out on the water and watching the world go by. The CityHopper ferry is free, and runs between North Quay and Sydney Street, stopping at all terminals in between.
- Brisbane Square Library – This City Council run library has a massive range of books and also runs story time and craft activities for kids.
- Markets – Visit the farmers market every Wednesday from 10am to 6pm in Redacliff Place for an array of delicious foods fresh from the farmers themselves, or check out the Riverside Markets for arts, crafts and foods from around the world every Sunday from 7am to 3pm.
Getting to the city is easier than ever and gives you way more flexibility with a family to have your car with you.
Wilson Parking is offering the cheapest parking rates in Brisbane at the moment with HUGE savings you can use at any time of the day or night that suits you.
You can download your FREE DISCOUNT VOUCHER HERE and keep it for when you need it …
This makes it a super affordable way to travel, and it means the kids are still fresh and full of energy when we get there.