Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Try these delicious lemon muesli cookies.
Thanks to Six Little Hearts for this great recipe.
This recipe will make approx. 20 puffy, healthy, high fibre delights for the kids.
2/3 of a cup of soft brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of fruit muesli (I used Uncle Toby’s Swiss)
1 1/4 cups of self-raising flour
1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
125 grams of melted margarine.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two biscuit trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add the brown sugar, cinnamon, muesli and flour and stir to combine.
- Then add the liquid ingredients: margarine and egg / water mix.
- Mix well and spoon generous tablespoon sized, roughly rolled biscuits onto your trays. Allow plenty of room for expansion when placing the cookies on the trays.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden but not hard.
- Cool on a wire rack after resting on the hot trays for 5 minutes.
1 cup of icing sugar
1/2 a teaspoon of grated lemon rind
Juice of half a lemon – enough to make a smooth consistency. (Use a little boiled water to dissolve the sugar too if it’s a little lumpy.)
Ice each biscuit and allow to set.