If my son was left to his own devices, he’d eat a vegemite sandwich every single day. Not even any butter. And he wouldn’t cut it in half. He’s happy that way, and I have to admit there’s a part of me that would love to just leave him to it.
My daughter, on the other hand, gets bored if she so much as sees similar ingredients within a fortnight of each other. With her I need to keep it fresh and interesting, or I see her lunches come back and get put in the bin, which drives me bananas.
But there is something about a wrap that everyone in my family loves. It’s not as bulky as a sandwich, and the options are pretty much limitless. And I’ve learned if I mix things up a little bit, the lunchboxes come back empty every time.
If you need a bit of lunch wrap inspo, why not try one of these combos?
- Grated carrot, grated cheese and sultanas
- Barbecued chicken, tomato, lettuce and mayo
- Hummus, capsicum strips and alfalfa
- Zucchini noodles, avocado and cheese
- Marinated tofu strips with spinach and edamame
- Banana and honey
- Chicken, bacon and avocado with mayo
- Mashed boiled egg, avocado and tomato
- Ham, cheese and lettuce rolled into a pinwheel
- Hummus, edamame and salad
- Steak strips, lettuce and tomato with their favourite sauce
- Chicken and pesto
- Tuna, corn and mayonnaise rolled into a pinwheel
- Hot dogs with lettuce and their favourite sauce
- Mashed white beans with avocado and salad
- Roasted chick peas with feta and salad
- Chicken and coleslaw
- Turkey, lettuce and grated beetroot
- Leftover roast lamb and tabbouleh
- Veggie burger strips with lettuce and their favourite sauce