Chicken & Chorizo Pasta
Here is a great mid-week dinner recipe that is absolutely delicious and easy to make.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 stick of chorizo, thinly sliced
400g of chicken breast strips
1 green capsicum, sliced into strips
5 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cup of cream
1 cup of white wine
2 teaspoons of cornflour
1 tablespoon of water
500g penne pasta
parmesan and cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken strips until they are golden brown.
- Add the chorizo and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add in the sliced green capsicum and sliced mushrooms and fry for approx. 2 minutes.
- Mix together the cream and white wine and add to the chicken mix. Stir in thoroughly.
- Mix the cornflour and water together stirring slowly into the chicken – this will thicken the sauce. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss the pasta through. Serve the pasta dish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper on top to taste.
Preparation Time: 10mins Cooking Time: 20mins Serves 4