I am always looking for yummy and healthy dinner ideas that the kids will eat and these burger patties do the job. The other great thing about these is they are great for my 1 year old as he likes to feed himself and the patty is thick enough to cut into pieces and full of vegies so sometimes he just has that for dinner.
Below is my recipe for how you can make your own chicken patties …
500grams chicken mince
1 Small grated zucchini
5 Medium mushrooms
1 Small-medium potato
1 Small-medium sweet potato
2 Slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
– Peel and cut potato and sweet potato into small pieces
– Boil potato and sweet potato on the stove in water until cooked
– Drain the potato and sweet potato and mash
– Grate all of the mushrooms and zucchini with a fine grater
– Whiz the 2 slices of bread into breadcrumbs (I use our magic bullet or you might like to just use breadcrumbs)
– Place chicken mince, mashed potato and sweet potato, grated zucchini and mushroom, 2 eggs and breadcrumbs into a bowl and combine until it is all mixed together.
– Portion out the mixture into meat patties sizes that you desire.
– Cook on a frypan or hotplate until cooked all the way through.
– Cut up some lettuce and tomato and bread rolls.
– Make into a burger and eat!
– High five yourself for getting so many vegies into your kids!!