Who doesn’t love the good old paper towel? Such a handy product to have around the kitchen to make life that little bit easier. I know I am grabbing for the paper towel at least once a day but mostly because my 2 year old thinks it’s a really fun game to pour out his water all over the floor.
In honour of the paper towel I thought we would have a bit of fun and put together a little video about 13 great ways you can use paper towel around your home.
You may already be all over some of these ideas but I guarantee there will be a few new ones in the list J. Check out our video below …
Here is a little summary of these fab ideas if you didn’t have time to watch the video …
- If you plan to freeze a loaf of bread, then pop some paper towel into your bread packet before you put it in the freezer. When you pull it out to defrost it the paper towel will soak up all of the excessive moisture and voila … no soggy bread.
- If you ever run out of coffee filters for your drip coffee machine then fear not … coffee is still on its way! Pop a paper towel in as a make-shift coffee filter and the crisis is avoided.
- If you don’t have a salad spinner you can use paper towel to dry off your lettuce to get rid of any excess moisture.
- If you need to cool down a drink really quickly, all you need to do is wet some paper towel and wrap it around the body of the drink and place it in the freezer. The wet paper towel will aid in cooling the drink down much quicker.
- You can use paper towel to make a temporary mop head that you want to throw away. This is great if you are cleaning up vomit or anything with contagious germs that you don’t want hanging around on your mop.
- Place paper towel over anything you want to heat up in the microwave to avoid the food becoming too soggy or too dry. It’s like magic.
- If you want to extend the life of your fresh herbs, then wrap them in some paper towel before you place them in the fridge to keep them fresher for much longer.
- Place some wet paper towel into the freezer and once it is frozen you have for yourself a DIY disposable ice pack. The paper towel is flexible even when frozen so great for wrapping around injuries.
- Extend the life of your fruit and vegetables by placing a layer of paper towel on the bottom and the top of them in a container before popping them in the fridge.
- You can use some paper towel and a hot iron to get crayon off any hard surface. This is fantastic if your kiddos have decided to draw a Picasso on your lovely white walls while you were hanging out the washing.
- Wrap some paper towel around any bottle that drips down the sides when you pour it and secure it with a rubber band to stop unnecessary drips and spills all over your hands.
- If you like a nice crispy steak, then it is best to remove all of the moisture from the meat before placing it in the frypan. Use a piece of paper towel and dab it on the meat to remove the moisture and have yourself a tasty and crispy steak for dinner.
- When you are finished with your paper towel and are left with the roll on the inside, you can tape it to the end of your vacuum cleaner to get into hard to reach places. Genius right!!
If you are looking for a great paper towel, then we would recommend Maxima paper towels. They are fantastic because they are 4ply which makes them super absorbent plus they remain strong even when wet. Make sure you enter our competition below to score a year’s supply of Maxima paper towel AND a $100 Woolworths gift card.
We are giving 1 lucky follower the chance to win a year’s supply of Maxima paper towels (30 Packs) for their home AND a $100 Woolworths gift card!!
All you need to do is comment on the blog post below with your answer to this question: “How has the paper towel changed your life?”
Terms and Conditions: To enter you must answer our question as part of the Giveaway entrance. Do not submit duplicate entries as this will not improve your chances of winning. Use of Entrant Information: Any information you fill out for this Giveaway will not be used for any other purpose except to notify you if you are the winner of the competition. Drawings: The winners will be selected based on the answers to the competition question. Prizes: One individual person win a year’s supply of paper towel (30 x Maxima Paper Towel Packs Per Prize) AND a $100 Woolworths gift card. Eligibility: Each email address may win only once. The Giveaway is open only to legal Australian residents 18 years of age or older. School Mum is not responsible for (1) typographical errors, misdirected or incomplete entries; or (2) computer or telecommunication system failures or similar disruptions to email services and/or the Internet. Any personal information entered via the entry form is solely for the use of contacting the giveaway winner and is not for or accessible to Facebook. The giveaway finishes on the 23rd of September 2016 at 11:59pm.